Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cold snow = slow snow

I got 10 of my 15 intended miles in today at Minooka Park. I would have done 15, but I ran out of time! That has happened every time I've gone out for a long ski -- I've either been chasing daylight or having to be somewhere.

And every time I intend to go earlier in the day. This morning I was supposed be out there by 10, then by 11, then by 12... eventually I got to the park at 1 and started skiing at 1:15. Sheesh.

The single-digit weather didn't phase me until 1) I realized it was making the snow really slow on my waxless skis and 2) My fingers got really, really cold.

Despite the slow snow, I kept a decent pace (averaging somewhere in the mid-14s per mile). My form got quite sloppy by the end and I literally face-planted into the snow twice.

My body may or may not be yearning for rest. I'm on my sixth consecutive day of working out - 4 days of skiing, 1 day of Body Pump, then today's ski. That's unheard of for me. And yet I'm still planning on going to Body Pump tomorrow.

Stupid? Maybe. We'll see what happens.

Anyway, let's just hope it's 30 degrees and sunny on B-Day (Birkie Day).

No comments:

Post a Comment