Monday, February 14, 2011

Changing it up

It's back. The pain. The right leg. My IT Band!

That 20-mile ski did me in. I rested on Saturday, then skied about 6 miles slow with Peter on Sunday (and had an emotional breakdown on the trail for no apparent reason) and my leg has been in discomfort the entire time.

I tried to foam roll it out, but it didn't seem to make a difference.

So now I curse myself for not doing all the strengthening exercises I learned in physical therapy all this time. And I hope hope hope and pray that my leg feels better by the end of this week, because we've got less than two weeks till B-Day (Birkie Day).

So here's the plan for working out this week:

Monday: 1 mile run (test the knee) + 30-45 minutes strength
Tuesday: Ski 9 miles
Wednesday: Body Pump
Thursday: Bikram Yoga
Friday: Bikram Yoga
Saturday: Strength
Sunday: Ski 3 black loops

Changing it up big time to aid recovery, hopefully. :-\

No comments:

Post a Comment