Thursday, February 5, 2009

Morsels of silly freedom

One unexpected (although it shouldn't have been) side effect of marriage is that alone time is hard to come by.

Pre-marriage, I saw hubby maybe three out of seven days of the week.

Post-marriage, we spend nearly every non-working minute together. Granted, sometimes we are lost in our own little worlds of the Internet (me) and TV (him), but we are usually sitting on the same couch.

I absolutely love this part of marriage.

But a tiny part of me misses the freedom to eat cookies for dinner with no one knowing, or to stay up till 2 a.m. reading wedding blogs, or to go to the gym and run errands for three hours after work and not have to worry about being home to eat dinner with someone.

I think it's for that reason that I stay up till 1:30 a.m. writing blogs and playing on Twitter when P is out of town for business. It's for that reason that I kind of enjoy a night to myself, where I can drink a glass of wine and watch junky TV.

Any more than one night and I'm homesick for my hubs, but one night alone is almost like a treat now.

I'd take marriage over complete independence any day, but little morsels of silly freedom are nice indulgences here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment